Job Vacancy: Engagement and Diversity Officer17th October 2022
- Job Title: Engagement and Diversity Officer.
- Salary: £26,000 pro rata, 25 days holiday pro rata, plus 8 bank holidays. Total weekly hours: 22.5 hours per week including occasional evenings and/or weekends.
- This is a 2-year fixed contract, with a view to extending this dependent on funding.
- Report to: Chief Officer.
- Accountable to: Chief Officer.
- Closing date: Friday 25 November.
Purpose of Role
This new role will:
- Help Holbeck Together to understand the needs, concerns, hopes and aspirations of people in Holbeck, and the barriers to equity and inclusion that they face, including but not limited to those affecting BAME people, disabled people, and people who are LGBTQI+.
- Support local people to have their voices heard by service providers, policy and decision-makers.
- Contribute towards the development of Holbeck Together’s work with older people, families, children & young people.
- Work to embed a focus on equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Work with Volunteer Co-ordinator and Service Development Officer to develop volunteer roles and systems that overcome identified barriers to involvement, including but not limited to those affecting BAME people, disabled people, and people who are LGBTQI+.
- Support the Volunteer Co-ordinator to recruit, supervise and train volunteers, and to develop and deliver HT’s employability training and support programme.
- Produce a diversity audit of Holbeck Together’s Trustees, staff, volunteers and service users showing the extent to which the organisation reflects the local community.
- Working with Operations & Services Officer, carry out a community engagement mapping exercise to inform HT’s engagement and diversity planning.
- With volunteers, organise and deliver Holbeck Together’s community voice and consultation forum meetings. Identify and promote opportunities for members to use their voices to influence decisions that affect their lives.
- Build and manage external partnerships with BAME, disability, and LGBTQI+ organisations/ projects and work with them to design, develop and deliver services and activities for older people, families, children & young people.
- Promote the organisation, its services and accomplishments both internally and externally.
- Assist team members with events, sessions and activities where required.
- Contribute to organisational and project monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes relevant to your role.
For more information or an application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0113 245 5553