Our Services and Activities
Whilst our office is closed and usual services temporarily suspended, we are still here on the phone and providing a number of services to the people who need us in Holbeck.
If you would like more information on these services or know someone who would benefit from our support, please give us a call on 0113 245 5553. You can view a calendar of our current events here.
Support and Advice
- We provide information and support to people on a range of issues including housing, welfare and benefits, financial concerns, mental and physical health, and well-being, as well signposting people to specialist advice and support they need
- We cook delicious, nutritious meals and deliver them to people in Holbeck and surrounding areas five days a week:
- Hot, nutritious ‘meals on wheels’ Tuesday – Thursday £4.00 per meal
- Friday Fish & Chips £3.50 small; £5.50 large
- Evening ‘supper’ meals of sandwiches and snacks: add £2
- Sunday lunch on the last Sunday of the month
- Themed lunches e.g. VE Day, Yorkshire day
- In collaboration with a range of partners, we pack and deliver food parcels, consisting of either dry goods, or fresh items, and personal care parcels
- We provide a shopping and delivery service for essential items
- We collect and deliver prescriptions, phone credit and other important items
- We keep in regular contact with people who are experiencing isolated and loneliness, providing a friendly ear and support and guidance
- We deliver wellbeing packs, created in collaboration with YourSpace, family activity packs, ping pong activity packs, and weekly activities including quizzes and art activities.
- Have a go at some of the activities at your leisure and download our activities at the following links:
Socially distant shopping
- Socially distant shopping slots are now available to book with a variety of times available.
- To increase the access to more shops, shopping outings are available to Morley Morrison’s or Asda.
- These shopping spaces are limited so please call the office to book in advance.
Online Zoom socials
- We are hosting weekly Zoom socials where people can enjoy conversation, quizzes, bingo and exercises at home.
- Tuesday from 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- Thursday from 11:00am – 12:00pm
- Friday from 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- They can be accessed via laptop, computer, tablet, smart phone or iPad.
- Call the office for further information including a meeting ID and password.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic charitable organisations have built an engaging portfolio of resources which can be accessed online. With a variety of quizzes, craft activities, mindfulness sessions, dances to learn for all abilities and new table tennis skills, there really is something for everyone. Follow the links below to get started:
- PingPong4U YouTube channel: search Youtube for PingPong4U
- Leeds Jewish Welfare Board YouTube channel: search YouTube for Leeds Jewish Welfare Board
- Yorkshire Dance- ‘Dance on’ website: www.yorkshiredance.com/project/dance-on
- Would you like to donate and share your jigsaws, DVD’s and books with others? We are creating an ‘entertainment library’ full of resources. If you would like to join in, call the office to donate your items in exchange for others. Equally, if you would just like to contribute and donate towards the library without exchanging then we are accepting donations. Donate here.
- Since our singers have been unable to meet our singing tutor Jess has had an idea on how everyone can enjoy a sing-a-long this summer. Jess has created a Yellow Birds Summer Song Book with accompanying CD. Featuring a mixture of uplifting summer classics from over the years.
- The songbooks are available to order for collection or delivery and are available to everyone.
- If you would like a copy to enjoy please call the office to book.
Accessibility Online with 100% Digital Inclusion
- If you would like to join us online and take part in some of the new activities but are unsure how to or would like some extra support, we are here to help. With the support of Leeds City Council and 100% Digital Inclusion, we are working towards having a device loan scheme, where you will be able to loan a device, free of charge, including data to search the internet. We will also guide you with instructions and tips on how to use it. For further information on how to loan a device for yourself or someone else, please call the office for support.