Job Vacancy: Volunteer Co-Ordinator27th April 2022
- Job Title: Volunteer Co-Ordinator
- Salary: £22,183 pro-rata, 25 days holiday pro rata, plus 8 bank holidays.
- Deadline for Applications: Wednesday 25 May.
- Total weekly hours: 21 hours per week, preferable Mon – Weds, but flexible where required.
- Having a car is not essential but desirable, mileage expenses will be paid.
- NOTE: This is a 1 year fixed contract, with the view to extending this, dependant on funding.
- Report to: Chief Officer
- Accountable to: Chief Officer
Main Purpose of Role
Provide the opportunity to build confidence and empowerment, gain skills and build pathways to employment. To promote the organisation and its volunteer accomplishments by building partnerships. To establish a bank of well-supported volunteers, this will include recruitment, training opportunities, supervision and extensive interaction with both new and existing volunteers.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
The main duties are as follows:
- Work in collaboration with colleagues to determine volunteer requirements for service delivery
- Cover all volunteer recruitment and hiring processes by advertising, interviewing candidates, and matching them with appropriate roles.
- Arrange appropriate training and support as required.
- Ensure volunteers feel supported and valued.
- Cultivate a positive and supportive atmosphere.
- Maintain a database of volunteers and projects and track metrics.
- To assign volunteer responsibilities to support projects and events.
- Promote the organisation, its volunteer efforts, and its accomplishments both internally and externally.
- Build and manage external partnerships that lead to a sustainable volunteer base.
- To manage your time effectively to maximise output within your agreed hours
- To assist your team members with events, sessions and activities where necessary
For further information regarding the role please email email@example.com, for a full job description and application form.