We’re Hiring: Community Wellbeing Development Worker (Being You Leeds Project)17th October 2023
Title of Post: Community Well Being Development Worker
Salary: NJC Scale Points 12 – 17, from £24,496 pa/ pro rata
- Total weekly hours: 30 hours per week
- Having a car is not essential but desirable, mileage expenses will be paid.
Responsible to: Manager within employing organisation and Delivery Partnership Coordinator at Touchstone
Employing Body: Holbeck Together
Bases: Touchstone, Cromwell Mount, LS9 and Holbeck Together 99 Domestic Street LS11 (Base of employing body)
Working Pattern: You will be required to work flexibly; including evenings and weekends as at least half of our activity will take place out of hours.
Main Purpose of Role
The primary purpose of this post is to work as part of Being You Leeds Consortium and with key community organisations to deliver flexible and practical preventative mental health support and navigation for people within the Leeds Metropolitan District. The role will be a wellbeing support service providing co-produced, community activities and promoting positive conversations about mental health and wellbeing.
The service will help Leeds residents (aged 16 and over), and communities, achieve good mental health by promoting protective factors and reducing risk factors, enabling people to understand and articulate their needs and if needed, to access quality services in a timely manner.
The service will have three core elements:
1) Group work, through new or already established groups, using evidence-based approaches such as Five Ways to Wellbeing.
2) Training to provide organisations and people with the skills required to support those at risk of poor mental health.
3) Tackling stigma and discrimination around mental health, through group delivery, 1-2-1 conversations, awareness sessions and campaigns.
For further information or an application form, full job description and person specification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the office on 0113 245 5553.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 3rd November 2023