Job Vacancy: Your Space Community Wellbeing Development Worker8th November 2021
- Job title: Your Space Community Wellbeing Development Worker
- Employed by: Holbeck Together
- Salary: NJC Scale Points 12 – 17, starting at £22,183 pa
- Hours: 37 hours per week; flexible working to include early evenings (groups) and occasional weekends
- Contract: This role is fixed term up to March 2023, with the possibility of being extended
- Closing date: Friday 3 December, 9.00am
- Interview date: Tuesday 14 December
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a service delivered by Touchstone, Women’s Health Matters and Holbeck Together delivering community wellbeing groups and events with residents across LS8, 9, 10 and 11. Your Space provides a community wellbeing development service in South and East Leeds. The service is funded by Public Health at Leeds City Council.
We are looking for a proactive, outgoing individual who is confident in face to face conversations and outreach in the community. We are looking for someone who understands coproduction and asset-based community development approaches to improve individual and community protective factors associated with mental health and wellbeing.
You will design and deliver activities around the interests of the community (such as: social events, crafts, dance, walks, cooking) to targeted communities and the 5 ways to wellbeing. You will encourage groups to become self run and be independent. You will have experience of community work and wellbeing approaches, and delivering group activity, in the form of training/workshop sessions and be able to work with vulnerable or marginalised communities and volunteers successfully.
Applications can be obtained by visiting www.touchstonesupport.org.uk or by e-mailing email@example.com.